Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

manalla
Helper V
Helper V

Aggregations on repeated data:

Hi,

I have a sample data set like below (replicated to my scenario):

Att1Att2Att3Att4M1M2M3M4Att5
apqp10020010025A1
apqp10020010025B1
crei30010014040C1
crei30010014040D1

In the above table, first two rows and 3rd and 4th row looks duplicated till M4 column, but when seen with Att5 they are unique.

Now the requirement is when Att5 is dragged to table visual I will not show SUM for measures (M1,M2,M3 and M4). It will be just a informative table with out any aggregations.

But when Att5 is not used in the visual, I would like to see the below result:

Att1Att2Att3Att4M1M2M3
apqp100200100
crei300100140
Totals   400300240

How can we achieve this sort of rollups or aggregations in Power BI. I have lot many measure columns and columns like Att5 when joined with multiple datasets.

Please suggest.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Pavlous
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi @manalla,

It should work automatically within Matrix visualisation if you use as values only those columns you need. 

Hi @Pavlous

Thanks for reply.

I did try with Matrix and it works. But User is not happy with drill down to levels, when multiple attributes are added to rows, it becomes cumbersome to see data with all levels drilled down.

There are more than 15 text attributes that are viewed on measures in my case.

Any DAX can help to acheive this at Table visual. Matrix is not helping interms of visual appeal in my context.

Thanks

Hi @manalla,

Allrighty, so you would need to make custom column with condition if the "column" is for example Attr5 then its 1 else 0.

Then you can use this column as switcher in filter visualisation to show and hide the "column" from the context. It should automatically update the result to what you would like to show.

EDIT: If you would like it to make it more user friendly then only 1 and 0 then you can make Ref table with e.g. Type and Value when Type column will have Displayed and Hidden and Value for Displayed 1 and Hidden 0.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.