Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Ma_Vo

Adjusting slicers

Hi,

I'm working with time series data (Excel) and i'm trying to visualize this data with Power BI.

Every single time series has a defined syntax, e.g. MNA.Q.N.I8.W2.S1.S1.B.B1GQ._Z._Z._Z.EUR.V.N . I'm using many time series which can differ in respect of periodicity (Q=quarterly, A=Annual,...), country, currency, adjustment,... So I have some standard code lists for mapping all the single features.

Now my problem: I don't have similiar data for all countries, e.g. only annual data for France or only unadjusted data for spain.

The standard code lists are containing more codes than I need.

Example:

Standard code list frequency:

A - annual

Q - quarterly

M - monthly

D - daily 

When I choose now a country with only annual data, the slicer for frequency will not adjust to this but is showing all possibilities which can be found in the standard code list.

What can I do to solve this problem? The single slicers shall adjust to what is still selected with respect of the actually available data and not showing all items of the standard code lists the whole time.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards

Matthias

1 REPLY 1
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Ma_Vo,

Could you please share sample data of your tables and elaborate what is the relationship between these tables with screenshots? 

Regards,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.