Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Kerstin
Frequent Visitor

Adding quickinfo to map visual results in curious legend

Hi,

I'm using the map visual for displaying position of devices per latitude and longitude. This works fine. But if I add timestamp (or another info) as quickinfo then this results in curious legend if no devices selected for displaying. Before adding a quickinfo, the legend (shows the displayed devices) is hided when there are no data for selected devices. But after adding quickinfo, the legend shows -> DeviceID "null" when there are no data. If data available all works fine like before. Do you have an idea why this happens? 

Thanks Kerstin

12 REPLIES 12
Kerstin
Frequent Visitor

DeviceInfoWithTimeStamp.jpg

As you can see in this picture I want to display timestamp as quickinfo in my location tab. The legend shows the devices that sended data.

DeviceInfoWithoutTimeStampNoData.jpg

As you can see here, the legend is empty and not visible if no data available - this is correct. But you can see, I did not added a value as quickinfo. 

DeviceInfoWithTimeStampNoData.jpg

And here you can see, if I added timestamp as quickinfo, the legend is displayed with the info BLANK- this is not what I want to see. This happens only if I add any value to qucikinfo, if not, the legend is not visible and this is what I want to see when no data availabe.

I tested this with any value (text, number, date), ever the same happens when I added the value to quickinfo.

Hi @Kerstin,

Could you please share me sample data of your table so that I can reproduce?

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft,

I dont know how to do this.

Regards

Kerstin

Hi @Kerstin,

You can put sample data in Excel, then upload Excel file to OneDrive,  then post shared link of the Excel file.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft,

here is a sample pbix file with the needed data and visual.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Avn2VpxIKVilaQu2MW4teGHq70g

Another question to this story is: If I add the normal column value devicetimestamp to the quickinfo (tooltip) then the text "Earliest" or "Latest" appear before the timestamp, but that I doesnt want to see. I only want to see the timestamp. In my original pbix file I created a new column by:

timestamp = CONCATENATEX(VALUES(telemetry_downsampled_v[DeviceTimestamp]),telemetry_downsampled_v[DeviceTimestamp])

but this didn't work in my test pbix file.

Do you have an idea for this?

Regards

Kerstin

Hi @Kerstin,

I can reproduce your legend issue , I will report this issue internally and post back once I get updates.

Besides,  to remove "Earliest" before the DeviceTimestamp , you can create a measure using the following DAX, then drag the measure to Tooltip.

Measure = MAX(telemetry_downsampled_v[DeviceTimestamp])

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft,

thanks for your response. I hope you will soon get an answer to resolve my problem.

The other suggestion I will try to implement, thanks.

Regards

Kerstin

@Kerstin

Fix for this issue will be implemented in 3-4 weeks.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Hi @v-haibl-msft,

do you have any solution for this issue?

Regards

Kerstin

@Kerstin

Please download the latest June 2017 version of Power BI Desktop. The issue should has been fixed now.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft,

here is a sample pbix file https://1drv.ms/u/s!Avn2VpxIKVilaQu2MW4teGHq70g 

Another problem that I have is: if I add the column DeviceTmestamp to the quickinfo then there is the text "Earliest date" before the timestamp but I only what to show timestamp. 

I created a new column in my original pbix file with 

timestamp = CONCATENATEX(VALUES(telemetry_downsampled_v[DeviceTimestamp]);telemetry_downsampled_v[DeviceTimestamp])

and this works, but in this test file I couldn't create this column, the PowerBi Desktop always shows no ending "Were working on it" and I had to shut up the program.

Maybe do you have another idea to change devicetimestamp to another value so I do not see this "earliest date".

Thanks,

Kerstin

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Kerstin

It is difficult for us to provide you suggestions without deatiled data.

Could you please post sample data of your table and post a screenshot about your scenario?

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.