Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

lukebrunel
Frequent Visitor

Adding a new Admin

Hello to everyone,

thank you very much to read my post.

I've got a problem: I've created a PBI Dashboard for my company.

But now, my boss would like to modify something in the dashboard.

I've shared the dashboard, but it does not contain the  possibility to modify (just watch it).

I've looked for a solution, but in 'Settings', I don't find the option 'add a new admin', or 'let [USER] to modify it'.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @lukebrunel,

Group Workspace should work in your scenario. Just make sure you have added your boss as Admin to your Group. Or you can change the Privacy of the Group to Members can edit Power BI content to see if it works. For more details, you can refer to this article.Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Habib
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Best option in this case is to use Group Workspae. This allow you to have multiple members and admins. All the reports under this folder will be editable by Admins.

Hello Habib,

I've tried to add a new group workspace with him, but he cannot modify again.

It could be because of I'm the admin, but I'm not the owner?

(The It Department is the owner. Infact, for example, If I want to delete my profile, PBI says to me 'YOU CAN'T DELETE THE PROFILE, CAUSE YOU'RE NOT THE OWNER')

Hi @lukebrunel,

Group Workspace should work in your scenario. Just make sure you have added your boss as Admin to your Group. Or you can change the Privacy of the Group to Members can edit Power BI content to see if it works. For more details, you can refer to this article.Smiley Happy

Regards

Thank you very much for your reply

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.