Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Miskondukt
Helper III
Helper III

Adding Measure? to calculate cumulative values displaying as a %

Good morning,

I think this may be the conversation that drives me to figure out measures. I am trying to get a column to identify the % of "Actual" to "Budget" on the displayed table. Image one is the PBI dashboard and image two is the table I am pulling it from. Looking for direction on either how-to or where to learn how-to. 

Thank you kindly fellow data friends.

Kondukt

PercentMeasure.png

PercentMeasure2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Miskondukt,

Based on my understanding, your desired output is adding an extra column beside [Budget] to show the percentage value (Actual/Budget), right?

1.PNG

I have uploaded a pbix file (a test based on your sample data) for your reference. Also, you can go through my reply in this thread which described a similar request: Variation estimated vs. real

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Miskondukt,

Based on my understanding, your desired output is adding an extra column beside [Budget] to show the percentage value (Actual/Budget), right?

1.PNG

I have uploaded a pbix file (a test based on your sample data) for your reference. Also, you can go through my reply in this thread which described a similar request: Variation estimated vs. real

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Vvelarde
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Miskondukt

Hi What happen if you use:

%ActualvsBudget=Divide(Sum(Table[Actual]),Sum(Table[Budget]),Blank())

Lima - Peru

@Vvelarde

This happened: 

PercentMeasure3.png

When I tried to use it as a "column" as intended:

PercentMeasure4.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.