Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

InmarkColombia

Actualización - Desktop Vs Online / Update - Desktop Vs Online

Hola,
Generalmente trabajo con la versión Desktop que tengo en el Pc,
Sin embargo cuando actualizo la información en el desktop, ¿Esta información se actualiza en los panel que tengo copartidos?

Gracias!

--

Hello, I usually work with the Desktop version I have on the PC,

However when I update the information on the desktop, ia this information uodated on the shared deshboards?

Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

If the underlying data changes, the published data sets will reflect the changes, provided your query editor steps don't cause it to break (i.e. column names change).  If by update information on the desktop you mean structural changes to your data model (i.e. new measures or calc columns), then no, you will need to republish.

View solution in original post

@InmarkColombia

Hi, the changes that you made in Desktop don't be reflected in Online automatically.

If you made a Publish again,  the changes will be upload to Online Services.

Lima - Peru

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

If the underlying data changes, the published data sets will reflect the changes, provided your query editor steps don't cause it to break (i.e. column names change).  If by update information on the desktop you mean structural changes to your data model (i.e. new measures or calc columns), then no, you will need to republish.

Amigos, Tengo un Reporte en el Desktop que actualizo manualmente y esta bien, pero al publicarlo sigue igual sin problemas, pero al alctualizarse automaticamente desde la web de Power BI (servicio de power bi) , en particular una tabla maestra de nombre de cuentas que fue hecha CREAR DATOS ESPECIFICOS, es decir, es una tabla que se hizo directamente ee forma manual en Power BI Desktop, y esta tabla al actualizarse dentro de Power BI servicio, modifica y trae como una tabla vieja que no esta dendro el archivo original, y por enden el Reporte me trae agrupaciones de nombre incorrectos. 

Yo actualizo en el Desktop y funciona correctamente, ademas es una tabla interna, que no va a ninguna query o archivo externo. Tendra que ver la configuracion de la puerta de enlace,? , antes utilizaba una personal y la cambien a la otra opcion.

Saludos y gracias por cualquier apoyo

Thank you. But I have a doubt, just save the changes on the desktop (the tool installed on the pc) and update the version online? Or do I need to perform some other procedure to update the version that I have shared. Again thank you very much.

@InmarkColombia

Hi, the changes that you made in Desktop don't be reflected in Online automatically.

If you made a Publish again,  the changes will be upload to Online Services.

Lima - Peru

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.