Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mdaamirkhan
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

2017 October Update:- How to create and use toggle buttons?

Hello All,

in 2017 October Update I saw the video it didnt show how to create. It shows only how toggle works. It is possible to share the pbix file of that ? 

I have create a sample pbix file share d link : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxreilNC4AvsZHNjQlY1TmJYYXM

How will I use toggle to hide matrix and show other chart?

Thanks

Aamir

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @mdaamirkhan,

Thanks for your reminder. Yes, there is no need to duplicate the page. For a single page, we can create two different bookmarks. We hide the Matrix visual on report page, then, add it to bookmark. To create an other one, we make the chart invisible.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

How I create a Toggle

The trick here is to

1. Upload two images - Toggle left/right (see the reply above)

2. Turn on/off the visibility of the two images - thereby creating a Toggle effect.

3. Use two Bookmarks - as two saved scenarios - and click and jump between the two Bookmarks.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxreilNC4AvsOXJVYmtvb205Y00 (download) - link to reply above

1: The Image

Menu: Home, Click the 'Image' button

1. Upload a normal image (see the reply above)

2. Change Link to On.

3. Change Back to Bookmark

4. Select the bookmark to use (we create them below)

2: Selection pane - toogle image visibility

Menu: View, Click the 'Selection Pane'

Toggle what to show in the 'Selection plane'.

Next, we will save that scenario under the Bookmark pane.

3. Bookmark pane - save two bookmarks

Menu: View, Click the 'Bookmark Pane'

Set scenario 1 and save it as Bookmark1

Set scenario 2 and save it as Bookmark2 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you plz repost the file where I can download different type of toggles buttons
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mdaamirkhan,

In the selection pane, for each item on the current page, you’ll see either an eye or line icon letting you know if it is visible or not. Clicking on the eye icon will let you toggle the visual between hidden and visible.

1.PNG2.PNG

For more details, please see this blog: Selection pane and visual display controls

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

If you see the video in that video there is Matrix table and scatte chat and there is toggle image/button

Matrix table is visible but scatter chart is invisible. when you click toggle Matrix table invisible and scatter chart visible.

I want that thing how it creates and works? It will be great if you show me on my pbix file and share that

But you tell me that only works on one chart visible and invisible. If matrix table visible then other table should be invisible which is not working you try 

Hi @mdaamirkhan,

1. You need to duplicate Page1, named it as Page3. Replace the matrix visual with a chart on Page3.
  2. Add Page1 to BookMark, renamed it as 'Look at Matrix'. Add Page3 to BookMark, renamed it as 'Look at Chart'. 
  3. On Page1, click the image button, set its link to point to 'Look at Chart'. On Page3, click the image button, set its link to point to 'Look at Matrix'.
  4. In BookMark view mode, you can activate the image button by pressing ctrl+click so that you can switch between above two bookmarks.

1.PNG2.PNG

I have uploaded the modified pbix file for your reference.

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

I have found the solution how it works for that we dont need to duplicate the page.

Hi @mdaamirkhan,

Glad to hear that. Would you please share the solution?

Thanks,
Yuliana Gu

sure I willl share it

Hi @mdaamirkhan,

Thanks for your reminder. Yes, there is no need to duplicate the page. For a single page, we can create two different bookmarks. We hide the Matrix visual on report page, then, add it to bookmark. To create an other one, we make the chart invisible.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

I will share the process how ? later today

How I create a Toggle

The trick here is to

1. Upload two images - Toggle left/right (see the reply above)

2. Turn on/off the visibility of the two images - thereby creating a Toggle effect.

3. Use two Bookmarks - as two saved scenarios - and click and jump between the two Bookmarks.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxreilNC4AvsOXJVYmtvb205Y00 (download) - link to reply above

1: The Image

Menu: Home, Click the 'Image' button

1. Upload a normal image (see the reply above)

2. Change Link to On.

3. Change Back to Bookmark

4. Select the bookmark to use (we create them below)

2: Selection pane - toogle image visibility

Menu: View, Click the 'Selection Pane'

Toggle what to show in the 'Selection plane'.

Next, we will save that scenario under the Bookmark pane.

3. Bookmark pane - save two bookmarks

Menu: View, Click the 'Bookmark Pane'

Set scenario 1 and save it as Bookmark1

Set scenario 2 and save it as Bookmark2 

Ok thanks a lot .  Can we hide page. is it possbile ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.