Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

SandDance: Disrupting the Oil & Gas Complex

I recently had the pleasure of working with @GregDeckler [twitter] -- Solution Director [Cloud Services] of IT consulting firm Fusion Alliance -- on a JV effort to finalize and optimize a risk-management and data-visualization model I'd been working on for about a year; the Double Helix. Greg, in all his modeling and data-manipulation prowess, took only days to advance the Double Helix to finalization and to a deployment-ready status. 

The model, while somewhat complex and while somewhat vertical specific, is currently being used to risk manage Oil & Gas investment risk by several firms; and I believe this to be just the beginning of the models proliferation. I believe the Double Helix is an excellent example of how Power BI is being used in non-traditional verticals [i.e. non-tech, typically reluctant of tech adoption verticals, etc.] to disrupt status quos and to further advance data as a base "platform". 

For further context, those interested can view the following link:

https://medium.com/@DallasSalazar/data-technology-redefining-the-wealth-of-nations-a876023b1d1b

Again, while the model is mine -- all credit must go to Greg and his efforts. If this model ever "sees higher", it's only because it had the opportunity to stand on the shoulder of a giant. Kudos, Greg.

DOUBLE HELIX DATA STORY MARKETING SHOT.png