Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

aAmirkHan
Helper I
Helper I

Notebook execution failed at Notebook service with http status code - '200'

I follow the steps instructively mentioned in Microsoft Learn Lab " Ingest data with a pipeline in Microsoft Fabric".

However, I am still getting errors while following the same steps in "Modify the pipeline" in the lab. 

Notebook execution failed at Notebook service with HTTP status code - '200', please check the Run logs on Notebook, additional details - 'Error name - AnalysisException, Error value - org. apache. Hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException: MetaException(message: Spark SQL queries are only possible in the context of a lakehouse. Please attach a lakehouse to proceed.)' 

Can you please help me with this and how to fix it?

aAmirkHan_0-1715574540921.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-nikhilan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aAmirkHan 

Thanks for using Fabric Community.

Can you please try to create a new notebook and then attach the lakehouse. Now try to run this notebook from the pipeline. If the issue still persists please do let me know. This way there wont be a grey out option and you can attach or detach the lakehouse.

vnikhilanmsft_0-1715576402247.png

Did you try to set the target lakehouse as the default lakehouse? Default lakehouse is identified by the pin icon.

vnikhilanmsft_1-1715576401979.png

You can refer to this link for more help

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Notebook-fails-with-error-200-when-run-...

Hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
aAmirkHan
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @v-nikhilan-msft ,

Thank you for your quick response to my query. I have tried your suggestion, where I can see data in the lakehouse.

However, I am following up with Microsoft Lab "Use Data Factory pipelines in Microsoft Fabric".

I am in doubt at this stage and maybe I am getting errors due to these steps.

Can you please help what I should select in the base parameters?

aAmirkHan_0-1715578588791.png

Thank you once again

v-nikhilan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aAmirkHan 

Thanks for using Fabric Community.

Can you please try to create a new notebook and then attach the lakehouse. Now try to run this notebook from the pipeline. If the issue still persists please do let me know. This way there wont be a grey out option and you can attach or detach the lakehouse.

vnikhilanmsft_0-1715576402247.png

Did you try to set the target lakehouse as the default lakehouse? Default lakehouse is identified by the pin icon.

vnikhilanmsft_1-1715576401979.png

You can refer to this link for more help

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Notebook-fails-with-error-200-when-run-...

Hope this helps. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Expanding the Synapse Forums

New forum boards available in Synapse

Ask questions in Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Warehouse and General Discussion.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayFBCUpdateCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.