Power BI Admin

About "Power BI - Dashboard in a Day"

[ Edited ]

The original "Power BI - Dashboard in a Day" is a day long instructor led, hands-on tutorial to accelerate understanding how to use Power BI to gather and transform data, create visualizations to gain insights culminating in creating and sharing Power BI dashboards.  Upon completion of the hands-on tutorial, students then apply the lessons learned to their own data, with the end goal of leaving the class with a solid foundational knowledge of Power BI and a working dashboard of their data.

The program has taken on a few different flavors (Dashboard in an Hour) and is being combined with keynotes and demos.

We are in the process of launching a "Power BI Roadshow" and visiting a few cities across the US in preparation to scale this program wider through partners to meet the high demand for this popular program.

This forum will be the central place to find resources referenced at these efents, share information and gauge interest in the development and flavors of "Power BI - Dashboard in a Day".  Please let us know what you think and any ideas you have!

Re: About "Power BI - Dashboard in a Day"

I was able to attend the Dashboard in an Hour presentation by Microsoft and loved the meeting. Very beneficial

I attended the Power BI Roadshow today. It was very beneficial. It will be interesting to see how this powerful tool adapts and evolves in the future. This "Dashboard in a Day" activity was very beneficial for introducing any user at any skill level to a great tool.

The Dashboard in a Day demo is a great way to get into the Power BI product.  If you have not tried it out on your own it is an excellent walkthrough to get you started. 

Great presentation yesterday on Power BI. I am really excited to dig into Power BI some more. Thanks for the event.

Frequent Visitor

Hi Sandy,

Are there any upcoming training sessions on Dashboard in a day ?

Thanks,

Sandeep

Power BI Admin

Yes - events will be posted soon in the Microsoft Events board.  Also - be sure to request 'where' DIAD should be coming to next in the associated post in this forum.

Frequent Visitor

is there a webinar available with this material of "Dashboard in a day"?

Established Member

@Sandy,

Are dashboard in a day paid events ? What is Microsoft's policy around companies advertising the dashboard in a day event and charging money for it ?

I am all for Microsoft's approach. However, I believe it is being abused by consulting firms that are claiming to be Dashboard in Day champions and charging per person.

What is your take on this ?

Thanks,
Daniel
Power BI Admin

Well, honestly - the Dashboard in a Day training by training firms are indeed paid events that I've seen.  Even here in Microsoft, the internal DIAD trainings, are paid.  What you may have seen are promotional events put on by Microsoft to spur interest - those have been no charge.

Just curious - where are you seeing the session being offered / charged?  I'm wondering if it's the 'official' one or something someone is doing on their own.