04-26-2016 09:00 PM - edited 05-03-2016 10:43 PM
The Microsoft Power BI team wants to help you have better dashboards and reports! We’re holding a live webinar with Microsoft Principle Program Manager Marc Reguera @marcr, where he’ll review, revise, and rebuild select dashboards and reports submitted by the community.
How to submit an entry
The selected entries will be chosen personally by Marc. He will be looking for ones that show ample learning potential in the areas of readability, formatting, visual usage, and functionality. To submit your dashboards and reports for possible inclusion, follow these steps:
- Register for the Power BI Community. To register you need a username, password, and email.
- Once you have logged in to your Power BI Community account, go to the entry form.
- Fill out the details required for your entry (see below) and click "Post".
- Once you've filled out the details, you will see a message stating that your entry has been "posted."
The entry period runs from April 27, 2016 through May 5, 2016. The owners of selected dashboards and reports will see the transformation of their submissions live during the Dashboard and Report Makeover webinar that will take place on May 12, 2016 at 10am PDT. Additionally, owners will receive a Power BI Prize Pack as a thank you for participating.
Your entry needs to include:
- Confirmation that you have shared a dashboard as described below.
- An attachment of a PBIX file with your report
- A short summary (150 words or less) of the purpose of your dashboard or report, and its intended audience
- Your e-mail address
The submitted report should be under 10MB in size, and have no more than three tabs. The ideal entry will have a full data model with connected tables and measures.
Note that selected dashboards and reports will be given constructive criticism on design and functionality in front of a live webinar audience, so please do not include confidential data.
How to attend the Dashboard Makeover webinar
The Dashboard and Report Makeover webinar will take place on May 12, 2016 at 10 am and is free for all attendees. To attend, you must first register here. Once registered, you will receive an email shortly before the start of the webinar with connection details, including numbers to phone in and listen to the presentation. All webinar attendees will have a chance to win one of our new Power BI t-shirts.
How to share your dashboard
1. Click on the Share button in the top right
2. Complete the dialog by granting access to: email@example.com
See the attached document for the official rules for Power BI Community promotions.
05-05-2016 01:31 PM
Per the message I sent you the other day- your entry was mistakenly marked as SPAM by the spam filter. I corrected it and it is now properly listed as an entry.
So sorry for the trouble - our SPAM engine is still 'learning'.
05-15-2016 10:25 PM
How do we know if we will be receiving the New PowerBI T-Shirts ?
Also when would the winners be declared for the PowerBI Prize Pack ?
05-23-2016 04:52 PM
Big thanks for everybody that attended.
Not certain have ever been on a live webinar with a 1,000 people before! In this thread, i see a couple of requests for the recording. You can find that link below but for all the community webinars you can always go back to the registeration link which will then provide you a link to the recording