Power BI Admin

Submitting an entry for the Dashboard Makeover

[ Edited ]

The Microsoft Power BI team wants to help you have better dashboards and reports! We’re holding a live webinar with Microsoft Principle Program Manager Marc Reguera @marcr, where he’ll review, revise, and rebuild select dashboards and reports submitted by the community.

How to submit an entry

The selected entries will be chosen personally by Marc. He will be looking for ones that show ample learning potential in the areas of readability, formatting, visual usage, and functionality. To submit your dashboards and reports for possible inclusion, follow these steps:

1. Register for the Power BI Community. To register you need a username, password, and email.
  2. RegisterImage.png
  3. Once you have logged in to your Power BI Community account, go to the entry form.
  4. Fill out the details required for your entry (see below) and click "Publish".
  5. Once you've filled out the details, you will see a message stating that your entry has been "posted."

The entry period runs from Oct 6, 2016 through Nov 11, 2016. The owners of selected dashboards and reports will see the transformation of their submissions live during the Dashboard and Report Makeover webinar that will take place on Nov 17, 2016 at 10am PDT. Additionally, owners will receive a Power BI Prize Pack as a thank you for participating.

Your entry needs to include:

• Confirmation that you have shared a dashboard as described below.
  • An attachment of a PBIX file with your report
  • A short summary (150 words or less) of the purpose of your dashboard or report, and its intended audience
  • Your e-mail address

The submitted report should be under 10MB in size, and have no more than three tabs. The ideal entry will have a full data model with connected tables and measures.

Note that selected dashboards and reports will be given constructive criticism on design and functionality in front of a live webinar audience, so please do not include confidential data.

How to share your dashboard & PBIX File:

1. Click on the Share button in the top right of your dashboard

• Shared Dashboard.png

2. Complete the dialog by granting access to:  pugadmin@microsoft.com

• Shared Dashboard2.PNG

3. Send the PBIX file to:  pugadmin@microsoft.com

How to attend the Dashboard Makeover webinar

The Dashboard and Report Makeover webinar will take place on Nov 17, 2016 at 10 am and is free for all attendees. To attend, you must first register here. Once registered, you will receive an email shortly before the start of the webinar with connection details, including numbers to phone in and listen to the presentation. All webinar attendees will have a chance to win a Power BI t-shirt.

See the official rules for Power BI Community promotions.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Submitting an entry for the Dashboard Makeover

Hi, I don't see a way to attach a file to a post. How do you guys want us to send you the .pbix file?

Power BI Admin

Thanks for calling that out.  I've updated the instructions:

3. Send the PBIX file to:  pugadmin@microsoft.com

AM Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Can I submit an entry now?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi Sandy,

I know this is a little bit of an old thread, but I was wondering if the Webinar was recorded so I could view. I have a report that my organisation has made available publicly and would love to get some tips on how to improve it.

I hope you run something like this againas would like to submit ours for suggestions in the future.

thanks