Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need to use COUNTROW with multiple filters

I would definitely know how to do this with SQL, but not too sure with DAX.  Anyway, here is my example for a new measure:

QI24 = COUNTROWS(FILTER(DemographicsData, DemographicsData[PopulationName]="Adult MI") && filter(DemographicsData, DemographicsData[EmploymentStatusName]="1" && filter(DemographicsData, DemographicsData[EmploymentStatusName]="2" ) / COUNTROWS(FILTER(DemographicsData, DemographicsData[PopulationName]="Adult MI"))))

Obviously this is not correct.  Can someone point me in the right direction?  Ultimately what this value needs to be is a percentage in the end.  And then ultimately I will be comparing that percentage to a "goal" percentage to get a KPI.

Thanks for the information

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
SabineOussi
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Hi @Anonymous

Try this measure

QI24 = DIVIDE(CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(DemographicsData), DemographicsData[PopulationName]="Adult MI", DemographicsData[EmploymentStatusName]="1", DemographicsData[EmploymentStatusName]="2"), CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(DemographicsData), DemographicsData[PopulationName]="Adult MI"))

And then format it as a percentge from the modling tab.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

I would say add them up and divide on total 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SabineOussi
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Hi @Anonymous

Try this measure

QI24 = DIVIDE(CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(DemographicsData), DemographicsData[PopulationName]="Adult MI", DemographicsData[EmploymentStatusName]="1", DemographicsData[EmploymentStatusName]="2"), CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(DemographicsData), DemographicsData[PopulationName]="Adult MI"))

And then format it as a percentge from the modling tab.

Hope this helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

And just one more quick question.  I see that CALCULATE filters and it probably is an implied "AND" with the filter.  I have this working, however it is coming up with Blank data.  The filter actually needs to be an "OR" expression.  Do you know how I would do that, or would I nest a few CALCULATE functions together and add them up?

Thanks

I would say add them up and divide on total 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, and that seems to be working.  Thanks again

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sabine,

I was out Friday so sorry to get back to you late, but THANK YOU for this syntax.  I am just now starting to learn and use DAX and this helps me greatly.

Brad

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors