Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

prasy

DAX Formula for LY MTD(using TOTALMTD and CALCULATE)

DAX  behavior for each formula is different.

I want to calculate Last Year MTD , By default without any slicer selection the function should take Today's date(Last Year) as end of date and calculate sum. If users choose any selection it should take that date as End of date(Last Year)

1. LYMTD = TOTALMTD(SUM([Amount]),SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR(DATESMTD([BDate])))
  2. Previous Year MTD Total = CALCULATE([mTD Total],SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR([BDate])) 
  3. mTD Total = CALCULATE(sum([Amount]),DATESMTD([BDate]))
  4. PY MTDSALES = CALCULATE(SUM([Amount]), DATEADD(DATESMTD([BDate]),-1,YEAR))
  5. CACL PY MTD = CALCULATE(SUM([Amount]), DATESBETWEEN([BDate],  [FIRST DAY OF PRESENTMONTH LAST YEAR],  [Last DAY of PRESENTMONTH  Last Year] )) 
  6.  FIRST DAY OF PRESENTMONTH LAST YEAR = EDATE(FIRSTDATE(DATESMTD([BDate])),-12)
  7. Last DAY of PRESENTMONTH Last Year = EDATE(TODAY(),-12)

• First Screen Shot is without any selections on slicer 1st.PNG
    • Second Screen shot with the 1st  date selected -  Previous Year MTD Total  is showing up correct2nd.PNG
    • Third Screen shot with 2nd  date selection – LYMTD and PY MTDSALES are showing correct calculated value(taking dates from Oct 1st to Oct 3rd of last year as 4th was not working day) , but Previous Year MTD Total  is blank because Last year Oct 4th was not a working day

3rd.PNG

Fourth Screen shot with 3rd Date selection – LYMTD and Previous Year MTD Total  are showing up correct with calculation from Oct 1st to Oct 3rd 2015  and PY MTDSALES is totally wrong/incorrect

4th.PNG

1 REPLY 1
mohamed901
Regular Visitor

I have 3 columns "Month" & "Achievement" & "Location" that I need to create 1 calculated column to get "Average Number" from "Achievement" column using all location but in every month separated 

The average should be like the table below but I can't get the number with DAX.

Kindly any advice 

MonthAchievement LocationAverage 
1/1/20178010185
1/1/20179010285
2/1/20172010340
2/1/20176010540

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors