Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

RichieRich
Advocate III
Advocate III

Review custom visual

I am definitely missing something here. I can see Custom Visual reviews in the app store, but where do I go if i want to review a custom visual myself.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

App Source used to face some issues with their infrastructure but the issues were resolved.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
sdittmann
Helper I
Helper I

I can also not review visuals.

v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

You need to click "Get it know" and use the custom visual.

After that, you will receive a new email that allows you to leave a feedback and vote.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Thank you v-viig. I'm still waiting for that email, though, and I've checked my junk mail. I don't recall ever having received an email about reviewing a custom visual before despite the number I have downloaded.

Did you download custom visuals from App Source or Power BI Desktop/Web?

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Hi Ignat,

I clicked on the dot dot dot in the visualisations window on the desktop version and selected "Import From Store". I found that it is the best way to find what I want. If I go via the store directly, the search function for just Power BI visuals is not so intuitive.

The email won't be sent if you import cstuom visuals from store in Power BI Desktop.

To get an email to vote for the custom visuals you should login App Source and download a custom visual that you need.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Went to Appsource to download the same visual. Ensured I was logged in. Have tried this on my work account and personal account. Still waiting for an email. Have checked junk too. Note: I have downloaded from appsource previously and I have never received an email to review. I am currently on the free upgrade Power Bi Pro. Perhaps this is the issue?

Thank you for the details.

We'll ask App Source team to look into this issue.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Thank you Ignat. I received my first ever review opportunity from appsource on 17/1, so whatever the problem seems to have been fixed now. If appsource did fix something, perhaps they could update this message string.

App Source used to face some issues with their infrastructure but the issues were resolved.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

The issue stills there. I can't review customs visuals.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors