Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SatyaVaitla
Helper I
Helper I

Are categories in the Power KPI Matrix example smilar to Perspectives in Scorecard?

In the example file of Power KPI Matrix, the categories are similar to the perspectives of a scorecard. But the perspectives can be any number (eventhough the standard Kaplan perspectives are 4 in number i.e financial, customer, operational, employee) and none of them need to be financial (in charity organisations) in some cases.

But in the example, there is a financial category which is automatically taking $ sign and i could not see any field for this unit. So can map my perspectives to category with proper units?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

Yes, you can. You have to change column format to number instead of currency.

Format can be changed via Format Panel of Power KPI Matrix or Modeling tab of top ribbon of Power BI Desktop.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

Yes, you can. You have to change column format to number instead of currency.

Format can be changed via Format Panel of Power KPI Matrix or Modeling tab of top ribbon of Power BI Desktop.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

How did you get Category and SubCategory column to be visible in the matrix?  I've assigned category, it seems to be able to sort on it (Using Category Auto-sort under table) but nothing I've done has bee able to show the category column(s)

v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

Did you fill the Category field as described in the sample report?

Please share a screenshot of data fields.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

I have pulled in the information for the categories as noted in the example with the same relationships, but I still have no visibility.  I am trying to pull in the Region and Branch for sales bookings.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors