Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

walterosLP
Frequent Visitor

Scheduled refresh at Power BI Services from blank query script of OData

At my daily OData refresh, I can only connect through an Advanced Direct Query script using the Data Connection option "Blank Query". The reason is that the Authorization key has to be in the query script and alternative with the OData Data Connection none of the option does work for this kind!
With Power BI desktop, the query and refresh works just fine by clicking on "Refresh" at the home ribbon bar - this is what I would like to schedule on Power BI Services.

Now at app.powerbi.com, using our team group (we all run Power BI Pro) with the same dashboard, I am not able to schedule the same script I am running on the PBI desktop version to refresh data! It seems I do have not the option to run the advanced query but only the OData data connection option and it seems I do have not the option to run the advanced query script for scheduling a data refresh in the cloud version of PBI. Only the OData data connection, which does not work with my kind of authorization I am using (within the script). So direct query is the only option I have.

Please, do you know any way to get my query scripts refreshed at the online Power BI service?

THANK YOU!

Walter

Here is my query I am using in PBI desktop and it works just fine to refresh.

Further below I tried to use OData connection on Anonymous but this does not work either at the desktop or cloud version of Power BI.

Well, if there would be a way to enter somehow the Authorization key through the OData connection wizard then great, but did not find how to do this - guess I tried all possible options, but hoping there is anything I haven't seen or tried yet...

BlankQueryODataPBI.pngScheduledRefreshPBIService.png

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.