How to Move On-Premise Data Gateway from one machine to a different machine ?

[ Edited ]

Hi ...

I currently have the (Power BI) On-Premise Data Gateway installed on my company laptop.

I have a couple of  Power BI (PRO) dashboards connected via DirectQuery to an on-premise (company) SQL Server database, via the On-Premise Data Gateway.

This is all working fine ... it's all good. Users can access the dashboards via the browser and do their thing.

However, my laptop is not always on, thus the dashboards cannot always be accessed by various managers, etc.

I have a brand new Desktop machine that can be left on all the time and dedicated for this purpose.

I want to move the On-Premise Gateway from my laptop ... to the desktop machine.

Please provide explicit steps as to how to implement this Move between these two machines.

Thank You

Frequent Visitor

Re: How to Move On-Premise Data Gateway from one machine to a different machine ?

I see that no one responded to you. There's no good documentation out there on this situation that I can find.  Were you able to do this successfully? Facing similar situation with a client.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: How to Move On-Premise Data Gateway from one machine to a different machine ?

I see that no one responded to you. Were you able to do this successfully? Facing similar situation.

Frequent Visitor

Hello,

Please find the below link that explains the process of setting up a new data gateway on a new computer

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-gateway-onprem/#configure-a-new-gateway 

Hope this helps!!