Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SwethaVitta
Frequent Visitor

Error configuring the Power BI Analysis Services Connector

Hi All,

I am tring to connect Microsoft analysis services in Power BI. but i am  getting below error 

Unable to connect: We encountered an error while trying to connect to in-bisqlvm001. Details: "Username needs to include a domain. Please use the format user@domain or domain\user and try again."Hide details

Activity ID:bf7a4081-ec40-3b18-e5a4-e02150860320
Request ID:d7df8725-fd67-4ee9-ac69-86cabb661824
Cluster URI:https://wabi-us-north-central-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Status code:400
Error Code:DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_BadUsernameFormat
Time:Mon Jan 02 2017 10:25:17 GMT+0530 (India Standard Time)
Version:13.0.1700.872

MSAS.png

Thanks,

Swetha.

8 REPLIES 8
tringuyenminh92
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @SwethaVitta,

You are using AS connector, did you try to remove and install enterprise gateway and configure? Cause AS connector ran out of serivce.

Thanks @tringuyenminh92 the issue got resloved i used server name as domain.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you please show me how do you solve this issue. I  am also getting same error while connecting to SQL server

tringuyenminh92
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @SwethaVitta,

As error message, you need to indicate the server name/server ip. If you have multiple SSAS instance, you need specify instance name. something like: servername or servername\instancenameofssas (my ssas server is: GA928615EB)

And you should try your usename with: domain\username (e.g: GA\pbix - my domain is GA, user: pbix)

Screenshot 2017-01-02 21.10.43.pngScreenshot 2017-01-02 21.10.54.png

And one thing that for another topics similar to gateway or configure concern, you could post in Desktop or Service area instead of Feedback area.Smiley Very Happy

Hi @tringuyenminh92,

Thanks for reply. but i tried all the combinations what you mentioned in this case my machine name is in-bisqlvm001 where my ssas is installed and i have only  one instance. i am still getting the same error. is there any thing i need to configure apart from these.

Thanks,

Swetha

Hi @SwethaVitta,

Did you provide domain in the username input? Cause it needs domain\username for SSAS sources. As my observation, you are using vm, did you configure domain for your vm?

Yes i gave domain name as domain\Administrator @tringuyenminh92

yes i installed ssas in vm and all my machines are in same domain

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors