Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mike_honey
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Cant edit a post

I've been seeing this issue a lot in the last week or so - when I try to edit or create a post I get these white and pale yellow shapes popping up "on top" of the form.  The bright yellow button seems to be "Post", so if you click it you get a blank comment which you cant edit.

I've seen this on multiple machines at multiple sites, multiple browsers.  I think something is broken in the forum app.

pbi community - cant edit a post.png

3 REPLIES 3
Claudius
Advocate I
Advocate I

What your screenshot is showing is usually the lightbox that gets invoked for image upload. Did you press the image upload button on the community message editor's toolbar?

That is correct it looks like the lightbox for image upload but in my case, no, I was clicking "Post" for a blog article and I had never even uploaded an image. I was able to pretty regularly reproduce the error all day yesterday, I was working on a blog article. Also, the lightbox is completely unresponsive and in fact the entire page becomes unresponsive, you have to use the "back" button of the browser, which in my case totally restarted the blog article as a "New Article".

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I just saw these tonight, they occurred when I was creating a blog post and trying to paste in "M" query text from the Advanced View. However, I saw a forum post from someone that had "M" code in it from the Advanced View and seems like he/she was able to post it OK. I think I also had this issue when pasting in a table.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors