Welcome to the Power BI Community Blog!

On this blog you will find articles, guides and information created by our community members and, from time to time, roundups and community news.

Focus 2018 Early Bird Pricing ENDS WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 28

by Power BI Admin ‎02-23-2018 03:17 PM - edited ‎02-23-2018 03:22 PM

Focus.png

There’s still time to register for Focus at a discounted price.  Early Bird Pricing is available through Wednesday, February 28! Take advantage of this great deal and save $100 instantly.

Read more...

Fun with Graphing in Power BI - Part SQRT(4)

by Super User on ‎02-22-2018 10:44 AM - last edited on ‎02-26-2018 10:13 PM by Power BI Admin

Ah yes, stupid math humor. It's like the i talks to pi joke. You know, the one where i says to pi "Be rational!" and pi says to i, "Get real!". No? Oh well. You're probably better off that way.

Read more...

Introducing: The Datanauts

by Power BI Admin on ‎02-21-2018 09:49 AM

It’s a bird… It’s a plane… It’s DATANAUTS!  

You may have noticed shiny new ranks next to some familiar faces, and I’m pleased to introduce our very first generation of Datanauts 

Read more...

Power BI Desktop: Custom Aggregations, Formatting and Performance Indicators (Part 1)

by Dianapo Visitor on ‎02-20-2018 04:46 PM - last edited on ‎04-03-2018 10:16 AM by Power BI Admin

This multi-part tutorial blog is geared to help BI Analysts create versatile Scorecards with KPIs as well as to facilitate the business reporting transition from Excel, SSRS or other apps to Power BI Desktop.

In this initial installment, I will illustrate how to include more than one aggregation and custom formatting in the Power BI Desktop Matrix. All tutorial steps below require acquaintance with how Power BI Desktop works as well as basic to advanced DAX skills.

Read more...

Join Blog
Interested in blogging for the community? Let us Know.