Welcome to the Power BI Community Blog!

On this blog you will find articles, guides and information created by our community members and, from time to time, roundups and community news.

Power BI Group management using Active Directory roles and PowerShell

by NormYoung Frequent Visitor on ‎11-21-2017 10:49 AM - last edited on ‎11-28-2017 10:50 AM by Power BI Admin

Use PowerShell to maintain Power BI / Office 365 Groups. 

Read more...

Integrating PowerShell with PowerBI: Module, script and reporting (Part 2)

by AlexHolmeset Frequent Visitor on ‎11-21-2017 02:41 AM - last edited on ‎12-06-2017 03:43 PM by Power BI Admin

In my last blog post, Integrating PowerShell with Power BI (Part 1), I set up the connection between Power BI and PowerShell.  If you followed the steps in part one, you are set to start using this newly created integration.  In this post I will take a look at how we use the Power BI module and how to visualize the data in Power BI reports.

Read more...

Integrating PowerShell with Power BI (Part 1)

by AlexHolmeset Frequent Visitor on ‎11-21-2017 02:27 AM - last edited on ‎12-06-2017 03:40 PM by Power BI Admin

Power BI is an extremely powerful data and visualization tool. It has opened a new world for me. But, the first thing I always think about when looking at Microsoft products is that there must be a way to control this with PowerShell. I did not find any useful information about any PowerShell module on the product pages.  After some googling, I found a module on the PowerShell gallery potentially created by a Microsoft employee.  What's surprising is that the module has been out for about 7 months and has barely 130 downloads.  Why hasn’t this been more popular? Hopefully I can help change this with a series of blog posts looking at the possibilities of Power BI and PowerShell.

Read more...

Join Blog
Interested in blogging for the community? Let us Know.