Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

factgasm

Part One: Linking Power BI to Trello (overview)

A big help when measuring Trello is that Power BI knows something about Trello that you may not: Behind every board on Trello is a JSON file. Don’t worry if that makes no sense, let Power BI do that for you.

This is what a Trello board looks like ordinarily:

This is what a Trello board looks like as JSON:

The two pictures are of the same thing! Power BI lets you utilise that.

Next, we use this feature of Power BI to connect to an actual Trello board.

Comments

I reed your blog for creating a Data model based on the trello .json file. And is really cool, but I continue wihtout understanding how I can make the visualization part. Could you continue with the "Part two" of your blog? I found it very usefull.

thanks for your time.

Thanks @vicestcha, the blog continues on my website here: it goes through a few iterations. At the end of it you will have a full data model that you can throw any of Power BI's increasingly wonderful visualisations at: https://lookatyourdata.org/2017/03/15/connecting-trello-to-power-bi-for-the-first-time/

Good afternoon, can you make the .pbix file available with all modeling tables including their relationships?
Thank you.

Anonymous

Problem about this approach is, that this will not refresh uploaded reports in most cases as it works only for public boards. For private boards, you will need to use the Trello API instead. See in our blog. Blog | Ceteris AG

cheers, Tarek