How to use your Office Theme as Power BI Report Theme

by DominikPetri Regular Visitor on ‎07-12-2017 01:10 PM - last edited on ‎07-21-2017 03:37 PM by Power BI Admin Jessica

Converting your Office Theme Colors to a Power BI Report Theme

Since importing the Office Theme Colors from "%appdata%\Microsoft\Templates\Document Themes\Theme Colors" is not possible, I have created an Excel file and some VBA that converts the selected Office Theme Colors into a Power BI Desktop Report Theme. Simply follow these four easy steps:

Step 1: Select the Office Theme Color

Select the color palette you want to convert via Page Layout > Themes > Colors

Select the color palette in the Page Layout tabSelect the color palette in the Page Layout tab

Step 2: Create the hexcode color codes

The Report Theme JSON file needs the color codes in hexadecimal format. Just click the button “Generate Hex-Codes for Colors” and a few lines of VBA will fill the cells D9 to D20. Since the JSON file needs the hexcodes in double quotes and prefixed by a hashtag, the VBA code adds them as well.

The Office Theme Colors and their corresponding hexcodesThe Office Theme Colors and their corresponding hexcodes

Step 3: Name your theme

Enter a name for your theme in cell F18. The JSON file will be saved (see step 4) under this name so refrain from using special characters.

Step 4: Preview and save theme

The formula in B25 uses the hexcodes from cells D9 to D20 to create the text for the JSON file:

Cell B25 shows a preview of your JSON fileCell B25 shows a preview of your JSON file

Now click the “Save as JSON” button and select a folder where you want to save it.

If you have any suggestions for improvements, I am more than happy to hear from you and implement them!

Dominik Petri

Attachment
Comments
by gapage Visitor
on ‎07-19-2017 01:58 AM

Hi, just to note that this didn't work for me. The Hex codes generated don't seem to be the correct ones as the colours generated in Power BI using the resulting json don't match the colours I see in the xlsm.

by DominikPetri Regular Visitor
on ‎07-19-2017 07:58 AM

Did you click the button "Generate Hex Codes" before saving the JSON file? If yes, check if the Hex Codes in D9Smiley Very Happy20 are the same as in the JSON preview in B25.

I just tried it and it did work perfectly as described above.

Best regards

Dominik.

by martadeive Visitor
on ‎07-20-2017 02:45 AM

Thank you for useful information! Everything is working!

Best regards
Marta.

by gapage Visitor
on ‎07-25-2017 01:54 AM

I tried again. Here is the result.

Expirebox link

When I choose the them from Page Layout the colours in the sheet change to the correct colours. I click Generate Hex Codes and the codes change and are reflected in the JSON box at the bottom. I don't think the Hex codes are right though as they don't tally with the ones I have got from our brand people (and generate the wrong colours in Power BI)

by boxingschedule Frequent Visitor
on ‎08-24-2017 11:49 PM

However White likewise trusts McGregor has a sensible shot to win at T-Mobile Arena, that his punching force can stagger the 40-year-old previous pound-for-pound lord and stop Mayweather's ideal expert streak at 49 wins. On the off chance that that incomprehensible result rises, or if another McGregor vs Mayweather stream unusual turn that prompts a McGregor triumph happens – if Mayweather turns his knee and can't move, in the event that he endures an oddity eye damage, or is precluded for late blows – then a rematch would never again be an outside shot at all.At that stage it turns out to be for all intents and purposes unavoidable. 

McGregor vs Mayweather ppv

McGregor vs Mayweather ppv buy

The possibility that it could happen again is ridiculous, however no less so than the proposal a while back that Mayweather could go up against a man who has never McGregor vs Mayweather ppv online boxed professionally or even to a genuine level in the beginner ranks."I am one and done on this," UFC president Dana White stated, conceding that he may consider advancing boxing occasions sooner or later not far off yet has little hunger for a rehash of seeing his most well known star step yet again into the boxing ring.

by floydmayfight Frequent Visitor
on ‎08-25-2017 09:36 PM

There was pushback on the Mayweather vs McGregor ppv superfight and it wound up being the best battle ever," he included. The confrontation between the best stars in boxing and UFC is not as much as a month away and tickets are still not on phenomenal. That developments today with tickets for Floyd Mayweather versus Conor McGregor open at 1 ET at Tickmaster.com . Tickets for the August 26 session continue running from $500 to $10,000 with extra expenses related at checkout. Unmistakable tickets cost $1,500, $2,500, $3,500, $5,000 and $7,500. There is a point of confinement of two tickets for each household.The field, which opened a year earlier, holds 20,000 for boxing. The Mayweather vs McGregor ppv buy get-in cost is more sensible than the 2015 Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao session where the smallest exorbitant once-finished cost was $1,500 at the 16,800-mastermind MGM Grand Garden Arena. Just 500 tickets were discharged to people all things considered in that battle with the rest doled out to promoters and others required with the session.