Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KJBakhsh

Connect POWER BI to PLC

I have 100 sensors that collect the data every 3 seconds (e.g., pressure, temperature, and flow rate) from a machine and these data are going to the machine PLC. I would like to know if I can pull the data directly into the Power BI and make a dashboard to monitor data real time. The PLC is Rockwell. The way that I present my question shows that I am not an IT or computer nerd, please guide me in a simple way.   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HI @KJBakhsh,

You can refer to below link who mentioned about use C# programming language to get data from PLC with TCP/IP or RTU mode.

Tutorial 1: Modbus TCP/IP C# - Function 01 (01hex) Read Coils

Tutorial 2: Modbus RTU C# - CRC check sum (16-bit check sum consists of 2 8-bit characters)

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KJBakhsh

Here is what I am lookig for....

I have 100 sensors that collect the data every 3 seconds (e.g., pressure, temperature, and flow rate) from a machine and these data are going to the machine PLC. I would like to know if I can pull the data directly into the Power BI and make a dashboard to monitor data real time. The PLC is Rockwell. The way that I present my question shows that I am not an IT or computer nerd, please guide me in a simple way.   

Thanks

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KJBakhsh,

Maybe you can try to use programming language package these flow records and send httprequest to power bi streaming api, then create streaming tile to show records.

Reference links:

Real-time streaming in Power BI

Create Dataset

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Great! any suggestion what typo of programing language I can use!

HI @KJBakhsh,

You can refer to below link who mentioned about use C# programming language to get data from PLC with TCP/IP or RTU mode.

Tutorial 1: Modbus TCP/IP C# - Function 01 (01hex) Read Coils

Tutorial 2: Modbus RTU C# - CRC check sum (16-bit check sum consists of 2 8-bit characters)

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors