Table Heatmap

by Galiya Visitor ‎10-01-2015 03:19 PM - edited ‎10-01-2015 03:38 PM

You can use this custom visual to build a table heatmap that can be used to visualise and compare data values in an easy and intuitive way. You have a built-in option within this visual to specify the number of buckets used for splitting your data. Additionally, you can also customise it by choosing a colour scheme in line with your brand colours.

- Available color schemes options:
"Purples", "Blues", "Greens", "Oranges", "Reds", "Greys", "YlGn" (Yellow-Green), "GnBu" (Green-Blue), "BuGn" (Blue-Green), "PuBu" (Purple-Blue), "BuPu" (Blue-Purple), "RdPu" (Red-Purple), "PuRd" (Purple-Red), "OrRd" (Orange-Red),
"PuOr" (Purple-Orange), "BrBG", "PRGn", "PiYG", "RdBu", "RdGy", "RdYlBu", "Spectral", "RdYlGn", "Paired", "Pastel1", "Pastel2"

- Accepted value for number of buckets: 3,4,5,6,7,8,9

Youtube video: https://youtu.be/1fVXpuhFYf4

Github code: https://github.com/galiya/PowerBI-visuals

Thank you. 

Comments
by KK New Member
on ‎12-03-2015 01:40 AM

Very nice

by Kaivdberg Occasional Visitor
on ‎12-28-2015 01:40 AM

Nice one, great job!

You allready have some nice color scheme's to work with. It would be very nice if one of these scheme's can be reverted. This way less is better, but also less is worse can be more easily visualized.

by gtagarro Occasional Visitor
on ‎03-03-2016 05:42 AM

Nice,  It would be nice if it could accept negative amounts and we could use it on %of decrease or increase.

by Breiz New Member
on ‎05-12-2016 06:57 AM

Would it be possible to optionally fix the threshold(s) to a fixed value? This would be great

by Baskar New Contributor
on ‎07-20-2016 02:25 AM

i have one issue , i can't added two heat map in single page .

let me know we cant do ? or am doing wrong ?

by Alkhos Frequent Visitor
on ‎10-12-2016 01:18 PM

Nice visual.

Few suggestions:

• Would it not be easier to base this visual on the matrix visual? In the sense that you provide x and y categories and values for the heatmap? In essense it can be matrix with conditional formatting
  • Would it be possible to add cross filtering to the visual as well? e.g. with selction of a cell in the heatmap, we cross filter with x and y categories?

Thanks again,

PBI really lacks a nice heatmap visual

by edwardyu Visitor
on ‎04-03-2017 08:08 PM

I found a bug that it happen when one of data is null.  As you see, the numbers of bucket are not shown properly.

I downloaded the visuals from PBI visuals gallary and its version number is Version 0.2.3 — Last updated 11/1/2016.

table heatmap bug 1.PNGtable heatmap bug 2.PNG