Frequent Visitor
Accepted Solution

Custom visual

I'm developing a custom visual for PowerBI. I have a question . After investigating and the documentation is not very detailed I can't insert items in the dropbox of the capabilities objects, ie I want to have the columns of my table dynamically in a property object like the matrix table has.How to do this?

Accepted Solutions

Re: Custom visual

Unfortunaltey, what you asked for is not currently supported. A custom property can created with an enumaration with have a dropdown, but the values need to be hardocdeed into your code. Hopefully, the custom visuals API will be extedned soon to provide the ability to add custom property with a dropdown that you can fill with arbitrary data from a call to a database or web service.

Note that a custom properties can also be added to columns and rows from the underlying dataset. This means you can create custom properties that allow users to tweek your custom visual at the column level or row level for things like formating.

View solution in original post

All Replies

Re: Custom visual

Unfortunaltey, what you asked for is not currently supported. A custom property can created with an enumaration with have a dropdown, but the values need to be hardocdeed into your code. Hopefully, the custom visuals API will be extedned soon to provide the ability to add custom property with a dropdown that you can fill with arbitrary data from a call to a database or web service.

Note that a custom properties can also be added to columns and rows from the underlying dataset. This means you can create custom properties that allow users to tweek your custom visual at the column level or row level for things like formating.