Frequent Visitor

Custom Visual

Is it possible to "push" data into Powerbi table inside the "update" method of a custom visual?

Re: Custom Visual

No, the Power BI model for custom visuals is all about comsuming and visualizing data and there is nothing in the model to update a table in the underlying dataset.

What are you trying to accomplish? Maybe there is a different approach that you can use in Power BI.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the reply!

I am tying to create a custom visual, where I take the data the user places in my visual, and then compute some new data. I can then visualize this newly computed data, but I would really like to store this data as well.

I guess it matters how much data you want to store for the user. If you are storing small peices of data for the user, then using custom properties which can be persisteted for each custom visual instance is the way to go. If you have a need to have a large dataset for each user, you will have to figure out where to store this data as well as how to import it into a new or exisitng Power BI dataset and associate it with the current user.